Friday, October 24, 2014

Food for Thought by Weston 6-2-13 (Last one)

Hey everyone, How goes it? I know it has been a while since I last wrote I have been very busy. There is actually something that I have been wanting to write about for a few weeks now I just needed a little motivation. I ran into my old Bishop the other day and he asked me why I haven't written anything in a while so I figured that was The Lord kicking me in the butt telling me to write this email. So in order for me to be able to share what is on my mind I will have to tell y'all what is going on in my life kind of. I just moved back home in Hobble Creek Canyon with my parents because I got a job in Mapleton. The job I got is with a brick mason company. I am now working as a hod tender. It is hard work and when I first started we were working on a Zions Bank in Ephraim. I would wake up at 5 in the morning and wouldn't get home until 7 or 8 at night. It was very physical demanding but the principle I was reminded of makes me grateful for the work and time I spent there. We were laying brick on the roof above the drive up at this bank. Due to safety it was required that anyone who was walking out past the scaffolding you had to have a harness on and be tied onto the roof so you wouldn't fall. In order for me to get the masons the mud they needed I was required to be tied onto this roof. I could walk 20 feet one way and 20 feet the other way. On this rope i was hooked to there was this metal bracket that would slide against the metal roof and would bang against the scaffolding and it was actually really annoying. If I walked too far I would be pulled by this rope and it was really annoying. One of the masons that I work with said something that really just made me think. He said "the worst thing you can do to a man is take away his freedom." It really hit me and came with strong force into my mind. I think of the war in Heaven and satan and all that he has done. He tried to take away our freedom. He has the biggest influence for all the evil that has happened in this world through out all time. It made me realize how grateful I am for agency. Even when we go through the worst experiences because we chose the wrong path or someone else did. Agency is a beautiful gift we have been given. Probably the best gift next to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I have watched people lately make choices that they know are wrong and it breaks my heart and those around them as well. Watching someone you love use their agency the wrong way some would say is probably one of the hardest things ever. At the same time as I have seen people make wrong choices when they are hit on the head and realize that is not where they are going to find happiness they turn their lives around. Watching those changes happen and seeing the difference it makes in their lives and knowing their testimonies of the Atonement are getting stronger makes all those tough sleepless nights sweet tasting. The fact that because of The Savior we can do this and those who we care so much about can do this is such a great beautiful thing that proves we have a loving Father in Heaven. It is my prayer that we will all use our agency to do what is right and set ourselves free because the commandments and principles of the gospel are truly what will set us al free! I am grateful for what I have learned and I hope someone else might learn something from it as well! Thanks for your time! Remember to find good in others! -WestonReay John 8:32- And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment