Friday, December 16, 2011

The spirit of Christ is what it’s all about!

Hey Everyone,
How is it going? Things are great here! Is everyone giving and enjoying this holiday season? It’s so great how receptive everyone is to the spirit of Christ in this Christmas time. Not only are the people we come in contact with, but also the members of the church through out the world and myself as well.
We had a wonderful live nativity last Friday which was amazing! I was a shepherd and I got to stand there and ponder and think about the birth of my very own personal Savior Jesus Christ. I got to ponder on His life and remember what Christmas is all about. I got to think about Gods love. It was great and as I did that it brought so much peace to that moment. The spirit of Christ is what it’s all about!
We had a Christmas program at church on Sunday and I must say it was one of the best sacrament meetings I’ve ever been to! I had to speak at the end and it was just a great program! I shared the ‘footsteps’ story and that story is so true. Christ carries us when we can’t do it ourselves! He is always there for all of us and helps us through all we go through!
Monday we had a Christmas party as a mission and it was fun. We did skits and sang songs and just had a good time! Although we were dong funny jokingly things I know the spirit was there and we all were joyful.
On Tuesday evening we had a Christmas party for all of our investigators and recent converts and it was so fun. I have been able to watch so many people change at this time. It’s been so cool to see people we are teaching really strive to be the best they can be it’s because of the spirit of Christ and the joy that they feel when they focus on the Savior and that’s why I’m so happy right now as well is because on my mission I’ve learned that He is what this is all about. This is His work and we are just helping Him and as we help Him the slightest He helps us significantly to be what He wants us to be!
I’m so glad I’m here! I’m so grateful for all of you and your prayers! I love you all and hope you remember to keep on keepin on!

Love Elder Weston Reay!

No comments:

Post a Comment