Thursday, January 12, 2012

it’s all on the Lord’s time!

Hi Everybody,
How goes it? I hope all is well. I hope everyone is enjoying what they are doing. The reason I say that is because I sure enjoy what I’m doing. I don’t have a ton of time but I wanted to share a story about a guy we have been working with here in Plainview. He has so much faith and endurance. His understanding of the gospel is so great and simple! He has been coming to the church for a while and loves it. He feels like he is a part of it and that is because the members here are so great! It’s like that everywhere I’ve been! He's wanted to be baptized for such a long time but there was something that was standing in his way. He kept on enduring and meeting with the missionaries and coming to church. The missionaries kinda stopped visiting him for a while cause he wasn’t able to come to church due to work but he still had the desire to come to church and progress in the gospel. When I got to Plainview we started visiting him again and this last week the thing that was standing in his way was finally out of the way and he told us he wants to be baptized on the 1st of February. We told him that will work for sure and we were psyched. Over the last 8 weeks me and him have gotten really close and we are tight now. Yesterday we found out that he has another obstacle in his way for baptism that might hold him back. I wasn’t sure how he would take it but when we talked to him about it he was so open minded and understanding. He told us how he has a testimony and he will do whatever the church leaders counsel him to do so he can become a member of the Mormon family. It is so great to be able to meet people like him who have so much faith and trust in the Lord! They will do whatever the Lord asks. He, to me is a modern day Nephi. He will go and do what the Lord commands cause he knows that it’s all on the Lord’s time! May we all be like him and Nephi and have the trust and faith that it is Gods will and as long as we follow it and have a good attitude towards it everything will work out. I know I’ve learned a lot from him and we all can! I love you all and thank you all for all you do! Keep on keepin on and stay sweet!

Con amor
Elder Weston Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment