Thursday, January 26, 2012

The three simple things that bring happiness



Hey Everyone,
How goes it? What’s going on? Today I just want to share how grateful I am for the gospel! For the direction it has given me in my life! The other day we were talking with a guy who was baptized a member of our Church but pretty much hasn’t been back since. He told us his experiences, going into other churches and how he feels when he reads from the Bible. He told us how he doesn’t feel the same when he reads from the Book of Mormon. He thinks Joseph Smith threw in his own philosophies and all this jibber jabber! Elder Moss and I have been trying to read the Book of Mormon in 31 days this month. I thought about the things he was saying and I thought about what the Book of Mormon and the Church have done for me and where my life would be without them. As we were listening to the Book of Mormon on cd last night I was thinking about the words within its pages. It is all true! Every single word in that book! All we could say to the guy we were visiting with and all we could do was bear our testimonies and invite him to do the same.
Moroni teaches towards the end of the Book of Mormon about real intent specifically. He says if you aren’t praying with real intent (and I’ll add reading with real intent) then it is done in vain. There is no point of reading the Book of Mormon and asking God if it’s true, if you already have your mind made up. I know that book is true and that anyone who will take on Moroni's challenge and reads it and pray about it will have the same knowledge I have. It takes faith. I know that without this church and without the teachings of the Savior which are found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints then I would be lost. The good word of God heals our souls and keeps us on the right path.
The three simple things that bring happiness are the most important things to do in our lives. If you know of anyone who is lost, I invite you all to bear your testimony of how reading, praying, and attending church weekly has changed your life. Like President Hinckley taught; “we need to find the lambs and feed the sheep!” This gospel is great and if everyone will live it they will find the happiness that I have found and that many others have found. I thank all of you who take the time to read what I have to say and who support me. I love you all and hope you all will keep on keepin on!

With love
Elder Weston Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment