Thursday, March 22, 2012

Let's all become better versions of ourselves.




Hey Everyone,
How goes it peoples? Well I hope things are good! Things here are going pretty good. I'm still in Plainview, Texas and it will be 6 months by the end of this transfer. Yesterday my group from the MTC went home and it has been a bit of a hard thing to go through but I will be able to do it, will help from the Lord. I can do all things through Jesus Christ which strengthens me. This is going to strengthen me. We can all do the things we don’t think are possible to bear with the help of our beloved Savior Jesus Christ! I know that these next few weeks are going to be hard because I know all the people I went into to mission with are home. But I will be able to do it because God qualifies us to do the work He calls us to do, if we just put our trust in Him!
The thing I want to talk about today I have talked a lot about in the past but it is standing out to me right now because I recently had a companion who told me that the main thing he learned from me was ‘being yourself’. He wrote in my journal that he learned that it doesn’t matter who the person is. That you have to be yourself around them or it isn’t real. He learned that that’s when people respect and love you the most because when you are yourself you gain a love for someone and all you want is what is best for them. When you aren’t yourself you’re focusing way too much on impressing instead of just loving. I’ve had a lot of experiences with this lately. It has reminded me of times when I have been myself and I’ve been able to help someone with something just cause I was being who I am. The Lord is perfecting me daily but for the most part I’m still the same Weston that I was before I came. I’m just the best version of Weston right now. That’s where the Elder comes into play. And I’m coming up on the time where I go home and really what I need to do and we all need to do is still be this person(the best version/spiritual Weston), so I can help others throughout my life. If we can all learn to be ourselves and let the Lord perfect us instead of trying to impress others we can and will all become better versions of ourselves.
I hope all is well and I thank everyone for their support and love. I love you guys and hope you all keep on keepin on!

Love Elder Weston Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment