Thursday, March 8, 2012

We have all covenanted to do service!




Hey peoples in places,
What it do? How are you guys doing? What has been going on? Well this week I don’t have a ton of time but I would like to talk about service. Whenever I think about service or hear the word service one person pops into my head immediately and that is my Dad. He has always been a great example of someone who serves even when he could be doing so many other things for himself. Even when he didn’t want to, he would do it. He’s never really got recognition but that’s never been why he has done it. He’s done it cause he loves the Lord. That’s where we all have to get in our lives. We either do things out of obedience, guilt, we're told to, for blessings or because we love the Lord. King Benjamin of course is a great example of a servant even though he was a king.
There is a member here who recently got released from the Branch Presidency and he reminds me of my Dad. On Sunday there were 3 or 4 people that got up and thanked him for all of his service. This guy is awesome! He comes out and does visits with us all the time! He is always wanting to serve. He's the same way as my Dad. He does it out of love for the Lord. The people who bore their testimonies said numerous times that people are watching and paying attention and we may not get the recognition. But people notice and are thankful for it. I would like to recognize my Dad right now and tell him thanks for all of his service whether it has been for me or for others. He is a great example. I know that everyone who knows him thinks this because he is a great person. If we can all learn and train ourselves to do service not out of obligation but do it out of pure love for the Lord we will find true joy in this life. We have all covenanted to do service and God has promised us His spirit and a remission of sins as we do so. When we serve we are repenting and perfecting ourselves. And as we do it out of love we perfect ourselves to the fullest.
I love the examples of service I’ve seen in my life. My Mom is also a great example! My Grandparents on both sides, my brothers and sisters, Brad Ross, the list could go on and on. I think about these people and they are happy because they do what they do for the Lord and that’s what we all need and should do. Thanks for all your prayers and for all your love and support. Keep on keepin on!

Love Elder Weston Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment