Thursday, September 16, 2010

A great letter from Weston!!!

Hey Everyone,
How y'all doin? Things here in Abilene are good. There’s a possibility I could get transferred but I’m not sure. This past week was a really good one. We had 7 investigators come to church, which is really good for this mission, so we were really excited about that. So far this week we have taught 20 lessons which is usually what the standard is for this mission so were doing really good and working our butts off. We are leading our zone in numbers. Not that I really care about numbers though. All I really care about is serving as hard as I can. I don’t care if I get any more baptisms, as long as I know that I served my hardest and did my best to bring people unto Christ through repentance. I just stick to the work and if we don’t have as good of a week then we work harder the next week. It’s been amazing to see how much God is preparing all the people that we have been teaching. I am just so excited for all the great things that are happening here in the Abilene, 1st ward. There is a very good chance that they will have 10-20 baptisms by the end of the year if the spirit is used in the lessons that are taught to the investigators, which we have been doing. I have been working really hard on recognizing exactly what the spirit wants me to say in our lessons. It’s not the easiest thing but it’s so important to ask spirit inspired questions. That gets the investigators to bear their testimonies. It’s so hard but I’m working on it. I have seen it work in lessons and when it works it’s amazing how much better the lessons go.
We had a really great experience on Monday night with Hector. We went over to his house to teach him and we weren’t sure what to teach him but I had a feeling that we should teach him the word of wisdom. We read from D&C 89 and he ate it all up. He said on the spot that he is going to quit coffee and tea. He has already seen a change from quitting alcohol. So he is doing awesome! The spirit was so strong there and I told him before we started that as we talked about the word of wisdom that he should have an open heart and an open mind and he did. Hector is so ready for the gospel and I know God has prepared him. I don’t think I’ll get to see him be baptized but I know that one day he will be baptized and it will be such an amazing day for him! Things are going so good here in Abilene. We are working extremely hard and seeing success from all our hard work. Thanks for all your support. I love you guys!

Love Elder Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment