Wednesday, October 13, 2010

No miracle happens until after we are tried.

Hey Everyone,
How goes it? Things here in Alpine are pretty good. I got a new companion Elder Robinson. He is from Fruitland, Utah. Ya, I didn’t know where it was either but its kinda by Duchesne and Heber. He got here on Sunday and we’ve been working hard since he got here. I am able to ride bikes again because Elder Robinson doesn’t have a bad knee. We have been riding a lot and it’s been good. Being out and about instead of in a vehicle is definitely more effective. We got two new investigators yesterday so pray for Dorothy and Laura everyone. The coolest thing that has happened to me this week happened about ten minutes ago when I was reading my amazing sister Dena's email. In it was a story that she was told and the story was probably just as awesome to her as it was to me. Here’s the story....
There was a man who was asked of the Lord to push on a large boulder.
So, wanting to be obedient, he pushed, everyday. Some days he pushed a
little harder, some days he didn’t push very strongly. But every day
he consistently pushed. Day after day. He tried to mark his progress
one day only to realize that the boulder hadn’t moved at all. Not
even a centimeter. A little discouraged, but not disheartened he
pushed with all his might. It didn’t budge. Finally he started
wondering and thought, I have been pushing as hard as I could and
doing what the Lord asked me to do. Why isn’t it moving? He asked the
Lord, Why isn’t it moving? You asked me to push everyday and I am.
The Lord responded, I never asked you to move the rock. I just asked
you to push. But now look at how strong your arms have become. I just
asked you to push.
Lately I have felt this same way. I’ve been doing what I’m supposed to be doing and working very hard but the boulder is just not moving. I know that this is just a little trial that I’m having and I will continue to have these kinds of trials throughout the rest of my mission. If I go through these trials with a good attitude and a smile on my face having faith in the Lord that everything will work out then it will. No miracle happens until after we are tried just like it says in Either 12:12. I’m so grateful to receive inspired messages like these. This one definitely helped me. The work is going to pick up here in Alpine. God is going to bless us with people to teach as Elder Robinson and I continue to push the boulder. Thanks for all that you guys do for me! I’m so incredibly blessed to have your support. I love and miss you all!

Love Elder Reay.

No comments:

Post a Comment