Thursday, March 10, 2011

It is such a great blessing to be able to be a missionary.

Hey Everyone!

How is it going? Well everything here in New Mexico is really good. I am staying in Carlsbad for at least six more weeks and I’m with Elder Soffe from Murray, Utah. We are ready to work our butts off. We rode our bikes for about two hours yesterday and set up some good appointments for the end of this week. It is such a great blessing to be able to be a missionary.
.Last Thursday we went to one of our investigators house named Dustin. He is 11 and we have been teaching him since I got here. We have been teaching him very simply and teaching him for understanding. He is starting to understand all the things we teach him so good. Sometimes I think that’s how we should teach everyone but I don’t think they would like us treating them like kids ha-ha. We set a baptismal date with Dustin for the 19th of March and he is very excited.
We have been teaching another guy since I got here and he is an F-LDS guy from Colorado City and he is such a nice guy. He is really good friends with a lot of the members here and he reads from the Book of Mormon. We read with him last night and talked a lot about prayer and it was awesome. The spirit there was so strong and I could tell that this man needs repentance in his life and we can help him with the great gospel.
We also had our baptism for August Bowman last weekend and it rocked. We confirmed him on Sunday and he got up and bore his testimony. It was cool to see a 10 year old so excited about the gospel. Well I hope all is well for everyone! I love you all and want you to always remember to keep on keepin on!

Love Elder Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment