Friday, May 27, 2011

I’ve learned so much that will change the rest of my life

Hey Everyone,
How goes it? So my sister is going home soon and I’m so excited for her! She is amazing! Things here in Midland are going pretty good. Transfers are next week and I’m pretty sure I will be staying here for at least another six weeks. I have been continuing to apply love in my missionary work and it has been a major blessing. I have been being as loving as I can and really trying to find out what the people we come in contact with really need. The cool thing about it is when you find that concern there is always something that the gospel will do for that person to resolve that concern! You can run with those concerns and promise them specific blessings. We represent Christ and we say exactly what He would say if He were in our shoes. We can promise them specific things and if they keep commitments and exercise their faith then they will receive those blessings! It’s so awesome.
We met some really cool guys yesterday. I mean they were smoking and drinking right in front of us and one of the guys told us he likes to get high all the time and that he feels the spirit when he does that but they both still want to change their lives. We talked to them and found out what they need. They need to know that they can give up those addictions. they have both tried so much to give them up and rehab a few times hasn’t helped and they both know that by doing these things it will lead them to prison or worse dead. We promised them that if they do the things we invite them to do that their lives will change and that God will help them give up those addictions. They were really excited for us to come back on Friday.
I’m excited for the way that my missionary work is changing. I’m applying the new things I’m learning instead of just being a robot and using and saying the same things and it is blessing in the lives of those around me. Not just investigators but other missionaries as well I think. I have a great district. They work hard and are obedient and we all love each other. I’m so grateful for this time I have to be here and to serve God. I’ve learned so much that will change the rest of my life and I will be forever grateful for this time.
Thank you for all your prayers. Keep on keepin on and remember God is there and He loves you so much! I love you all!

Love Elder Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment