Friday, September 30, 2011

God is GREAT!




Hey Everyone!

We are teaching this black guy and he is really cool. He always says this one line right before we leave his house. He says, "You know what? God is good!", and I always respond " No no no, God is GREAT!". I saw a cool license plate ther other day and it said God loves you so I took a pic with it. I hope you guys like it!

Wow members of the church really are amazing! It's so great to be able to have the trials we do and to be able to help someone because we have gone through something similar or because members can relate. Because of these trials we build strong relationships with people because we know what they are going through. It may not be the exact problem but it is similar. It's like we've walked down that road and we are able to help them in the way we were helped. I have a testimony that trials are necessary. They aren't easy or desired but they are so worth it. They help us love people and our faith grows so much. I thank God for my trials because I like who I am right now and they have shaped me. I wouldn't give those trials for anything. I know there are a lot of people who are going through trials right now. We all face them daily. The gospel of Jesus Christ helps us deal with these trials. The gospel really helps us through them. No matter what trials they are or challenges, Jesus Christ has been there! Alma clearly teaches this in the Book of Mormon. Christ comforts us through these trials if we let Him. We all need to put our trust in Him and turn to Him through these trials. Not only will our burden be light but our faith in Him will grow and our personal relationship with Him will be stronger!

God is great!! He loves all of us and wants us to be happy! I have a wonderful family and that is proof of Gods love! I have the most amazing parents, brothers and sisters and grandparents and even cousins. Sometimes they make mistakes or I make mistakes and we disappoint each other but I know that through our trials and helping one another, through them our love grows. Elder Eppich is one of my best friends. He is like a brother to me and I got to see him on Tuesday. It was the first time since October and it was awesome! I know God puts people in our lives to help us. He sends them to strengthen our faith in Him. To know that He really is there. Elder Eppich is part of my family. I want to thank my family so much for all their support and prayers. It seems like if I ever am down when I get my emails on Thursday they always know what to say. They know me and know what I need. I also thank all you for your support and prayers as well. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for all of you! I love you guys! The gospel is true and this is Jesus Christ's church. We get to hear from Him this weekend through his mouth pieces and how wonderful it will be! Keep on keepin on everyone!


Love Elder Weston Reay

No comments:

Post a Comment