Thursday, September 1, 2011

Love who you are, what you do and who you represent.




Hi Everybody,
How is it going? Things here are great! We are biking and sweating and finding people who need the gospel and it is fun! I'm not a big fan of the bike cause sometimes its hard on my knee but its just cause its building up the muscle.
I've been thinking about what im gonna write in this email this week and I decided to write about something that has been on my mind lately. This applies a lot to missionary work but can be applied to any calling in the church or anything we do in life as well I believe. Am I a worker or a servant? What drives what I do? Do I go out and work cause it's what I'm supposed to do and because I want to look good in the eyes of the Mission President, or the Zone Leaders or the Assistants? Or do I get out and work because I love the people and care about them? Do I have the desire to see them change and come closer to Jesus Christ? Does love for the people and the Savior drive my work and motivate me to do what I do? These are some questions I've had. There are times on my mission where I've felt like a worker. The reason I would go out and teach and work is because I didn't want to get chewed out for having bad numbers. Since I've been back in the mission, after surgery, I feel like I've become a servant. I care so much about the people we come in contact with. Except the rude ones. Then I have a hard time caring about them. But really I do what I do out of love for my Savior and for others. If there is selfishness in the work then it's not going to be as effective as it should be. When I've focused on others and not myself I've grown and seen others grow in the process. Being a worker doesn't bring near as much happiness as being a servant. Sometimes when we are really serving we get put into an uncomfortable situation, that is a fear of ours. We may not want to do it because we fear those things. But when we face our fears and do it with love then that fear is conquerred by love. I hope and pray that we all do what we do as missionaries and as members of the church because we love Jesus Christ and we are doing what we can to progress in this life and fulfill our purpose which is to prepare to meet God. Let's all be servants and love! Love is what I've learned is probably the most important key to having joy in this life and in missionary work. Love also makes it fun! Love who you are, what you do and who you represent. We all represent Christ. Let us all be examples of the believers and love! I love you all and all you do for me! Keep on keepin on!

Love Elder Weston Reay

Pictures are of; Elder Nelson and I at the Rodeo ( a Bar...lol) and
My boys and I on transfer day

No comments:

Post a Comment