Monday, April 2, 2012

Elder Scott is the man!




Hey Guys,
How’s it going? Things here in the TLM are great! This last week we have seen a lot of success. Plainview is on fire right now! We set four baptismal dates the last few days and things are gonna be amazing in the month of April. It is gonna be the most successful month as far as baptisms go in the history of our mission, so it will be exciting! It will be cool to be here for this!
The thing I would like to write about today is about a talk that I heard during General Conference on Saturday afternoon. It was a talk given by Elder Richard G Scott. Ss many of you know, if not all of you, my Grandma passed away last July. It has not been the easiest thing to deal with being away from home. I did get to say my goodbyes and I am where she wants me to be but I still have had a bit of a struggle with it. Elder Scott is the man! That man has so much love for his wife it is amazing and really inspiring! That is the way it should be! His spouse comes before anyone else in his life besides God of course and that’s something I’m gonna strive for when I get .......... well, we will talk about that later. The distant future, what a scary thought. But anyways in his talk he talked about something that was very special to me and I want to share it with you guys because maybe it is something that will help someone that you know or maybe it will help you. He talked about how even though our loved ones have passed on we can still strengthen relationships with them. As we accept and have the faith that in a short time we will see them and accept things then not only will things get better, but our relationships will grow beyond the veil. That is so amazing that we are able to feel that. as I’ve thought back on the time since she passed I feel like I am very very close to my grandmother and that she is sitting in on my lessons and discussions and is proud of what I am doing. I love her so much. She is a great influence in everyone’s life that ever knew her. I loved what Elder Scott said about that. I also liked how he said a good sense of humor invites the spirit which opens up personal revelation. once again like I’ve said in the past being myself is what makes me happy and see success and I think that what he said about a sense of humor is spot on. I love to see President Monson get up and crack jokes and just show that he’s a normal person which is something he actually mentioned in conference. He’s just one of us. as we all have a good sense of humor and accept gods will we receive revelation for ourselves and strengthen relationships with those around us and those who have passed on. I’m so grateful for our leaders. It is a testimony builder to have the opportunity to listen to them speak every six months. I know they are men and women called of god and are truly inspired to represent the church of Jesus Christ! Thanks for all you guys do for me! Thanks for being you and for your prayers! I love you all! Keep on keepin’ on!

Love Elder Weston Reay



pic 1-even after elder nelson owned me at basketball we were having a good time.
pic 2-me and yoda
pic 3- me and nelson mid game. hes big!

No comments:

Post a Comment