Monday, May 21, 2012

Watch over, love, help and protect His sheep.

Hey Guys, How is everything going? So I only have 2 more times after today to write about either my personal growth or experiences. Today I don’t have a lot of time and was gonna skip it but I can’t cause I won’t be able to write many more times. It is crazy how fast time has been going. I swear it was January a few days ago and now May is almost over. My little brother Dylan is graduating high school. It seems like he’s still 16 and I’m still 19. Where has the time gone? I want to congratulate Dylan for graduating! He is such a stud! I am proud of him and wish I could spend the day with him but it’s ok. I will see him soon. :D Today I want to talk about being a good shepherd and watching over our sheep. In life our ultimate goal is to become like Christ. To do the things He did and to be like Him. We all want to be good shepherds and love and watch over our sheep. My uncle Bill wrote about how after we baptize converts they are our sheep and we continue to watch over them, love them and take care of them. In missionary work a lot of times we have a baptism then we just move on to the next one. But that is not at all what it is about. We create a relationship with these people we come in contact with from the beginning and as we continue to nurture and strengthen our relationships it builds more trust. When these people trust us, then there is so much more love and our concern for them and the welfare of their souls is greater! I’ve noticed as I’ve thought back on all the people that I’ve seen get baptized and been a part of their lives. I’ve had a good trust level with them and in missionary work we have to trust our sheep that they are doing what they say they are doing. If we don’t trust them then how can we expect them to trust us? They have to trust us with their lives. The Lord has entrusted all of us with the salvation of all these souls and it is our duty to watch over, love, help and protect His sheep. I had an experience that really helped me understand this yesterday at church. I was in primary during sharing time and the teacher was talking about the Holy Ghost and how it guides us in our lives. She had one of my converts get up there and put a blindfold on and told him to make it back to his seat with it on. He tried but couldn’t do it because he couldn’t see. She then asked him who he trusted with his life and he picked me. Normally I wouldn’t have been in primary but I was helping with one of our other investigators that was there. I feel like the reason I was in there was to learn this lesson. I helped him back to his seat as the Holy Ghost helps us back to our Heavenly Father if we seek after Him. Another thing that helps us all back to Heavenly Father is the members of the church, the good shepherds looking after all these sheep. We are to help one another, to uplift and love one another. When that is what we understand then that is when service is not only fun but it’s easy. This was a great lesson for me to learn and I pray someone else will get something out of it! Thanks for your time and love! Keep on keepin on! Love Elder Weston Reay pic 1- gasol need I say more (that’s for you Chris Saladbar) pic 2-watching over our sheep pic 3-sugar time is Jordan’s life. lol (P.S. Weston’s Homecoming will be on July 22nd at 9:00 am at our church on 1700 E 900 S in Springville. Love to see you there. Laura)

No comments:

Post a Comment