Friday, October 24, 2014

Food for Thought by Weston 1-20-13

Food for thought.... So this past week I had a great experience that may not seem very significant to many but it was a good experience for me. So I was pondering about a specific circumstance and praying and wondering what to do about it. I didn't know what to do. My Mom and I try to make it to the temple once a week (which we are awesome at by the way). On Thursday we went to the temple and did sealings. It was great as the temple always is! Like I mentioned I had been praying and trying to figure out what to do with this certain situation with my life. By the way it's nothing huge so you don't have to worry about what it is. When I got out of the temple I hopped in my car and I grabbed my phone to see what had been going on in the world over the last hour or so. When I look at my phone I had three texts that were an answer to my prayers and to my circumstances in life at that time. It was so great! it reminded me of these versus in the Bible..... 16 Jesus answered them, and said, My adoctrine is not mine, but his that bsent me. 17 If any man will ado his bwill, he shall cknow of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. 18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own aglory: but he that seeketh his bglory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. In these versus we learn that if we test the doctrine we will know whether or not it is what God wants us to do. In my case the doctrine is go to the temple once a week. As I have gone to the temple I have been able to see that is what God wants me to do and when I do so He blesses me with what I need. He always answers prayers. I learn every time I have to be patient because I wanted this answer right away but I had to be patient and He delivered as He always does! Glory to Him and gratitude as well. It was such a great experience for me to be reminded that when you do what is right God gives you what you need. Another thing that i wanted to write about was a book/talk that I read from Pres. Uchtdorf called "Forget me not." In this talk I learned a lot and appreciated it so much (even though the talk was addressed to the relief society sisters). I liked how he spoke about forgetting not to be happy. Immediately when I read this part of the book I was thinking of my Grandma. She was always the person in my life that could make me smile. No matter how I was feeling whether I was up or down she could cheer me right up. As many of you know I wasn't always the happiest person growing up but I remember she would come in the house and give me a big hug and a kiss and would pull me up out of my chair and would dance with me. I sure miss that. She never forgot to be happy. I wasn't able to be at her funeral, but I did watch the recording of it and I've been wanting to write a thankful little note to her and my Grandpa Jackson. I am so grateful for both of them in my life for all they have done. Grandma Jackson implanted in my brain that I choose what I want to be. When I wake up in the morning I can choose whether or not I want to have a good or bad day. She didn't really teach me this with words either it was more by the way she lived her life. She showed this especially in the last few months I got to spend with her. She is such a strong person, as is her husband. I am thankful to my Grandpa for showing me strength and patience in those last months of her life. The other reason I want to thank him is for teaching me the importance of setting goals. Ever since I got home from my mission I have had the goal of going to the temple once a week. I wouldn't have had near as many wonderful spiritual experiences as I have had if it wasn't for those weekly visits. For that I thank him. I hope that we can all learn from both of them. Forget not to be happy and set goals and stick to them. It is my hope and prayer that we will all do these thinks. Thanks for your time! Keep on keepin' on! Love Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment