Friday, October 24, 2014

AFTER THE MISSION.... Food for thought from Weston 12-8-12

Hey guys this week as I was thinking about life and all that is going on in my life there was one principle of the gospel that would not leave my head and I did not understand why. That word is CHARITY. What is charity? I thought that to myself. What is the first thing that pops into your head when you hear the word charity? Some may say service or maybe the pure love of Christ. So what does that really entail? What is the PURE love of CHRIST? None of us can comprehend how much he really loves us all. For those of you who have kids or a spouse I know you understand his love a heck of a lot better than I do. When I ponder about Christ and all of the wonderful qualities he has the one thing that just gives me the chills and makes me love him so much is forgiveness. I have a quote from my uncle Bill that I received when I was on my mission and it has stuck with me ever since. He said about charity and forgiveness, "If charity is the foundational Gift of the Spirit, encompassing nearly all others, then FORGIVENESS is one of the chief cornerstones! They go hand in hand. Forgiveness is a hallmark of the “pure love of Christ.” No one did it better! No one offers it more freely. His ability to forgive is driven by love. That we could all benefit from this gift, as well, is a given." The greatest act of charity is forgiveness. My favorite verse comes from the bible in Paul's epistle to the Romans in the fifth chapter nineteenth verse. Because of Christ all of our imperfections can be forgotten because of the Lord, his love, and the principle of forgiveness. I love the Lord and know that no matter how hard it is to forgive people that have wronged us or those around us that it is Him, Jesus Christ that will help us through the process and we can forgive them even if we think it is impossible. We all want to be found with charity at the last day so forgiveness is essential for us all. In the Book Of Mormon we read: 46 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth. Wherefore, cleave unto charity, which is the greatest of all, for all things must fail— 47 But acharity is the pure blove of Christ, and it endurethcforever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him. 48 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, apray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true bfollowers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall cbe like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be dpurified even as he is pure. Amen. May we all do everything to have this PURE love of the Savior so that one day we can be like him. As we do this we can all grow and do so together. No matter what someone has done to us we have to forgive them. The Lord will forgive who He chooses but of us we must forgive everyone and for everything. It will be well for us all and there will blessings waiting for us in Heaven and here on earth as we do this. Forgive everyone. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment